25/5/10

REPORTED SPEECH PRACTICE FOR 4 ESO + keys / Practicamos el Estilo Indirecto


1.- Translate the following direct sentences in Spanish into English; Then, change the English sentences into the Indirect or Reported Speech: / Traduce las frases del español al Inglés en estilo directo, después transforma las frases resultantes al estilo Indirecto.



For example:


* Tom: " no quiero comer fruta". (spanish & Direct speech)

1 step: Tom: " I don't want to eat any fruit" (English & direct speech)

2 step: Tom said that he didn't want to eat any fruit (English & Indirect/ reported Speech)

Sentences:

1. Martha: " estoy cansada y hambrienta"
2.El policía: " tú estás conduciento demasiado deprisa en esta autovía"
3. " Quiero ir a la playa ahora" dijo el niño.
4. Mi padre: " Tú no debes llegar tarde hoy"
5. " Si tu estudiaras, aprobarías" dijo el profesor.
6. Peter: " Yo salí ayer con mis amigos"

(you can check the right answer in the comments once you've done it by yourself)

1 comentario:

  1. these are the answers /keys , but don't look at them until you've finished by yourself.

    1. Martha: " I'm tired and hungry"
    Martha said (that) she was tired and hungry.
    2. The Policeman: " You're driving too fast in this motorway"
    The policeman told me that I was driving too fast in that motorway.
    3. "I want to go to the beach now" the baby said.
    The baby said (that) he wanted to go to the beach then.
    4. My father: " You mustn't be late today"
    My father warned me that I had not to be late that day"
    5. " If you studied, you'd pass" the teacher said.
    The teacher said to me that if I had studied , I 'd pass.
    6. Peter : " I went out with my friends yesterday"
    Peter announced (that) he had gone out with his friends the previous day.

    ResponderEliminar