11/8/09

QUESTION TAGS PRACTICE / "VERDAD?"


LET'S PRACTICE THE TAG QUESTIONS FOR OUR NEXT EXAM IN SEPTEMBER, YOU CAN FIND THE ACTIVITIES AND THE KEYS, BUT... DON'T CHEAT, PLEASE! IF YOU CHECK THE ANSWERS BEFORE DOING THE ACTIVITY YOU WON'T IMPROVE YOUR LEARNING.
( PRÁCTICA DE PREGUNTAS COLETILLA "VERDAD" ESPECIALMENTE PARA 3 Y 4 ESO)


A tag question is a special construction in English. It is a statement followed by a mini-question. The whole sentence is a "tag question", and the mini-question at the end is called a "question tag".
We use tag questions at the end of statements to ask for confirmation. They mean something like: "Am I right?" or "Do you agree?" They are very common in English.
Question Tag PRACTICE


2 comentarios:

  1. Hi there!! This is María again, teacher.
    In my opinion I love question tags I think I use then too much when I speak in English but I find them so useful and they make our speaking more colorful and quick, for some reason I believe they have a special background sound. Well tha´s not what I wanted to tell you, I´m thinking about learning another language (apart English and French) but I don´t make up my mind so, which one would you recommend me? I don´t know if I´ll be able to study it at the same time at Bachillerato but...
    Well I have some "vocabulary doubts" I´ll post here sooner or later OK? Now I have to go.
    P.D. May I ask you to write in this blog? Think about it, OK? If you agree I promise you I´ll try to do it my best

    ResponderEliminar
  2. MARIA I NEED YOUR EMAIL, JUST IN CASE YOU BECOME AN AUTHOR FOR THIS BLOG, TO EXPLAIN YOU SOME OF THE RULES AND THE KIND OF BLOG I WANT TO CREATE, THANKS

    ResponderEliminar