17/4/09

Dealing with the THIRD CONDITIONAL TYPE


This is an activity to practice the THIRD type of Conditional, due to the interest of my older students i will publish more activities about this topic: the conditionals.
Structure:
IF+ PAST PERFECT, conditional perfect
If I had studied, Iwould have passed the course

1. Rewrite the sentences with the words given:
• Rachid didn’t do his homework, so the teacher punished him.
If ............................................................................................
• He had an accident because he drove quickly.
If ..............................................................................................
• The score didn’t change because the referee didn’t blow the whistle for a penalty.
The score ....................................................................................
• The party wasn’t pleasurable because the orchestra didn’t sing well.
If ...............................................................................................
• I couldn’t go for the picnic because my parents didn’t allow me.
I
• I was exhausted, so I went straight to bed.
If ........................................................................................
• She had a lot of work, so she didn’t go home for lunch.
She
• We left early because the film was boring.
..................................... if ...................................................
• The firm dismissed some workers because it went bankrupt.
The firm.................................................................................
• The baby fell off the couch because the parents were busy talking.
The baby.................................... if ................................................
• The marks were good because the test was easy.
The marks ........................................ if .....................................................

keys: (next week in class), anyway if someone is interested, please send a comment. Thank you.

1 comentario:

  1. My students have a lot of difficulty with this...I will have to use this exercise in my class. Thanks:)

    ResponderEliminar